What are Tags Profiles and what benefits do they provide?
Tags Profiles are most valuable for sellers who have multiple (or even all) products that contain the same tags. For example, if you were selling t-shirts and had 500 unique listings, yet each listing contained the same 10 tags, then you could create one Tags Profile and apply it to all 500 listings rather than having to renter or copy the tags for each listing.
This alone can help to save countless hours of tedious work, but we have a lot more to come, including detailed analytics, insights and recommendations, so that you can not only work more efficiently, but also understand how profiles are performing and what can be done to improve these results.
How do I create a new Tags Profile?
- Go to the "Profiles" section, which is listed as the second icon on the main lefthand sidebar.
- Select "Tags" under "Profile Type" and click "Create profile", located in top right hand corner.
- Enter a name for the profile in the "Profile name" field.
- Enter all the tags that you'd like to include in the profile.
- Click "Save".
How do I connect a Tags Profile to my listings?
- Go to the "Listings" section, which is listed as the first icon on the main lefthand sidebar.
- Select the listings that you would like to connect to a particular profile.
- Click "Edit listings", which will bring your to the bulk editing page.
- Go to the "Tags" section.
- Select the profile you'd like to apply from the "Choose profile" dropdown.
- Click "Apply".
- Click "Sync updates".
If I apply a Tags Profile will it replace my existing variations?
Yes. If you apply a profile to listings that already contain tags, those listings existing tags will be replaced by those contained in the profile.
Is it possible to edit a listing once it’s connected to a Tags Profile?
Yes. Even is a listing(s) is connected to a profile you can still update its tags individually within the "Tags" section. For example, if you had 500 listings that all contained the same 10 tags, but 50 of them included 5 additional tags, then you could apply the profile to all of them and then just add the extra tags to those 50 listings directly.
How do I edit a Tags Profile?
- Click the "Edit" button (located in the top right hand corner of each profile) or just click into the text field within the profile you'd like to edit.
- Perform whatever additions, edits, and/or updates you like.
- Click the "Save" dropdown and then select "Update current profile" if you'd like the updates performed to be saved for that profile and applied to any connected listings, OR select "Save as new profile" if you'd like to keep the original profile and save the updated profile as a new profile.
How do I copy a Tags Profile from one shop to another?
Click the "Copy" dropdown (located in the top right hand corner of each profile) and select the shop you'd like the profile to be copied too. If you only have one shop connected in Vela then only that shop will appear in the dropdown.
If you have multiple shops connected (even if from both Etsy and Shopify) then all of your connected shops will appear in the dropdown and you can copy a profile from any shop/channel to any shop/channel you like. If copying a profile from Etsy to Shopify or from Shopify to Etsy, you may have to fill in additional details specific to that channel, but all of the information contained in the original profile will be retained.
How do I delete a Tags Profile?
- Click the "Delete" button (located in the top right hand corner of each profile).
- Click the "Delete" button in the confirmation pop-up, or "Cancel" if you decide not to delete the profile.
Is there a limit to the number of Tags Profiles I can create?
No. 10 profiles will be displayed per page, but you can create as many profiles as you wish.